7711 Goodwood Boulevard
Baton Rouge, LA 70806
STAR’s mission is to provide support, education and advocacy to empower all individuals and families affected by sexual trauma, and engage and mobilize the community to prevent sexual trauma.
HAART’s mission is to improve our community through health and wellness education, and the provision of comprehensive quality services.
The event will take place on Monday, April 27, 2015 at the East Baton Rouge Parish Main Library, and is FREE and open to the public.
Doors open at 6:00pm and the program is scheduled to run from 6:30-8:30pm.
This event serves to:
- Promote and educate about the importance of healthy sexuality and sexual health
- Provide a safe space to support and empower those affected by sexual trauma and/or HIV/AIDS and other STIs
- Show the linkage between unhealthy or abusive relationships, sexual trauma, and STI transmission
- Provide a space where participants can openly discuss stigma, victim-blaming, and shaming
Individuals can participate in three ways:
- Apply to perform at the event
- Submit an anonymous story for consideration to be read at the event
- Attend the event!